The e-commerce industry is experiencing rapid growth all over the world and is forecasted to reach US $ 4,103,244.6 million by the end of 2023. In Thailand, it is growing even more rapidly. According to a research report, the e-commerce market will grow at a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 11.9% between 2023 to 2027 in Thailand. E-commerce is one of those businesses that is listed in the high-risk category by banks and financial institutions. And due to this, e-commerce merchants have to face many problems, such as difficulties in finding an online payment gateway Thailand for e-commerce websites and high charges by payment processors for payment processing.
Why does e-commerce fall into the "red area" for payment processors?
At first glance, e-commerce might not look like a business that possesses any signs of being high-risk. But it also has some traits of high-risk business that are responsible for its inclusion in the high-risk business category.
Generally, e-commerce is not seen from the angle of chargebacks. But this business has a higher chargeback ratio than the recommendation of banks. As a result, it is included in the list of high-risk businesses.
The high volume of transactions
E-commerce platforms are online shopping platforms, which means they are open at any time for shopping. But due to this, the number of daily transactions has increased at a significant rate. And because of this, banks categorized eCommerce as a high-risk business. It's quite simple that a higher number of transactions also increases the chances of chargebacks and fraudulent transactions.
Data security threats
As we know, online shopping platforms have confidential money-related data about their customers, such as card details and banking credentials. This is why e-commerce platforms are always the target of hackers and online scammers for data theft.
E-commerce market and Thailand
- Thailand is the 19th biggest e-commerce market worldwide.
- In 2023, the revenue of the Thai e-commerce industry would be US $ 20,900.0 million.
- The Thai e-commerce market is expected to increase with an annual growth rate of 11.9% between 2023 to 2027.
- By 2027, the market volume of e-commerce in Thailand would be US$32,810.5 million.
- About half of the Thai e-commerce market’s revenue comes from a single sector, food and personal care (48.6%).
- Electronics & Media at 27.0%, Fashion at 8.8%, Toys, Hobby & DIY at 8.5%, and Furniture & Appliances at 7.2% are other major contributors to the e-commerce market revenue in Thailand.
- In the Thai e-commerce market, the number of users is expected to reach 45.77 million by 2027.
An online payment gateway Thailand for e-commerce merchants must have the below-mentioned facilities.
Support for the high volume of transactions
E-commerce is a business where transaction volumes can’t be kept within limits set by banks. Because of the humongous number of daily purchases in online stores. As a result, an online payment gateway Thailand for e-commerce merchants must provide support for the high volume of transactions and settle all the payments without any extra charges.
Competitive fee with a transparent structure
Every online payment gateway in Thailand for e-commerce must have a transparent fee structure that has no hidden charges for any kind of additional services offered by that online payment gateway.
In the e-commerce business, a lot of transactions were made by the owner’s merchant account on a daily basis. In such a colossal number, it's quite difficult to figure out the genuine chargeback requests from the enormous fraudulent transaction disputes. This is why an online payment gateway Thailand must provide chargeback protection to an e-commerce merchant to solve the actual chargeback problem and eliminate fake or fraudulent transaction disputes.
Data security arrangements
As we have already mentioned above in this article, e-commerce platforms are one of the favorite places for fraudsters and hackers to steal the vital information of platform users. As a consequence of the situation, an online payment gateway Thailand must be PCI DSS compliant to ensure data security on its payment platform.
Payment options according to the local’s preference
Credit cards (32%), digital wallets (25%), and online bank transfers (20%) are the top three most used payment methods in Thailand. According to these numbers, a payment gateway Thailand must be good at credit card processing and support local digital wallets to accept payments. Otherwise, it would not fulfill the criteria of an online payment gateway Thailand for e-commerce businesses.
Top 3 online payment gateway Thailand for e-commerce
PayCly is the biggest, most popular, and best payment gateway in the entire Southeast Asia region in the context of high-risk merchant services. It is available in over 150 countries and accepts online payments in over 100 currencies. In Thailand, PayCly is the leader among e-commerce payment gateway providers.
Siampay is a local online payment gateway Thailand. It was launched by AsiaPay to provide Thais with a local option for an online payment gateway. Siampay is a Bangkok-based payment solutions provider that supports 15 different currencies to accept online payments.
Paypal, the global leader in the fintech world, is the leading payment gateway in the entire world, not just in Thailand. It is an American payment solution provider that operates in more than 200 countries and territories across the globe with support for over 20 major currencies.
If the literal meaning of the word "best" could be anything that is complete in itself or nearly perfect and does not need any external support. Then PayCly is truly the best online payment gateway Thailand for e-commerce merchants. Because it is a complete package for e-commerce merchants that provides them with everything that they want for online payment processing for their business. From providing chargeback protection to local payment options, along with extra features for smooth online payment processing.
Additional benefits of PayCly's e-commerce payment gateway
- A wide global coverage area with more than 150 international markets to expand the business.
- Direct payment links for payments without any kind of online payment infrastructure.
- More than 100 currencies are accepted for payment across the globe.
- A unique and dedicated merchant ID for easy recognition and storage of Merchnat’s sensitive information.
- Fraud management team to monitor suspicious activity in the platform, along with AI and machine learning.
- 100+ payment methods to accept payments, along with the local payment options
- A powerful dashboard to monitor all the activities, such as payment settlements and refunds, along with real-time reporting.
- Instant approval for merchant accounts with the minimum required documents.
Here are the instructions for opening an e-commerce merchant account on PayCly.
By following these steps, you may quickly register for a high-risk merchant account on PayCly.
- Visit the website's home page.
- Next, click in the top-right area of the page and choose "Apply Now."
- The registration document will then be displayed on the device.
- Completely fill out that form with all the necessary data.
- Then, you must select "Submit" on the following page.
You can create a high-risk merchant account on PayCly quickly by following these recommendations.
PayCly is a specialist when it comes to providing services for high-risk businesses such as e-commerce. Payment gateways are not the only services offered by PayCly. It also provides credit card processing and high-risk merchant account services for high-risk businesses like forex trading, adult industry IPTV services, and many more.